What is the reason for pain in cheeks up to forehead during pregnancy?

May 2013
Yes my daughter is almost 17 weeks pregnant and she's complaining of pain in her left cheek up to her forehead. It's making her nauseous. Should we be concerned
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dental infection, headache, mouth ulcer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for her pain is dental infection, mouth ulcer, migraine etc. Headache in pregnancy can occur due to many causes like hormonal effect, rised blood pressure etc. For more details : Better to consult gynecologist once and get examined. If she recommends once consult dentist and get examined. If evidence of infection is there, she should take treatment accordingly. While giving prescription mention that she is pregnant. So that he will write antibiotics that can be taken in pregnancy. Analgesic and anti - inflammatory drugs will help in decreasing the pain and inflammation. In case of simple headache increasing water intake, adequate sleep etc can help. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What is the reason for pain in cheeks up to forehead during pregnancy? 2 minutes later
So its nothing to be concerned about.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain persists consultation Detailed Answer: Hi, I mean, as she is not having any other symptoms, it may not be a serious problem. If the pain persists, better to get examined once and let her take treatment accordingly. Take care.