What is the reason for muscle spasms under my left breast?

I am 72years old.weigh 10stone 10lbs and am 5'1" BMI-2 I have had an ECG to rule out any heart problems and 2 doctors have said it is muscular. I have had muscle spasms and 'popping' sensations under my left breast which is worse when bending over. Any 'digging in' of a tight bra makes it worse but I still get it when there's no pressure. I don't know if it's strain(from gardening), indigestion or something else. I was tested for thyroid problems but that was negative.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

The problem of popping sensations in your chest seems to be due to localised muscular spasms; may be due to overwork or overstretching.

The only XXXXXXX thing that might be associated with this pain is a heart problem, which you have already ruled out with the help of ECG.

The muscle spasms of chest wall are best relieved by slow and XXXXXXX breathing exercises.

You can avoid lifting any heavy weights from that side and avoid sleeping on that side till it subsides.

Oral muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside are also helpful in providing an early relief.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow ups.