What is the reason for itching on inner thighs and bruise?

I frequently itch on my inner thighs and bruise horrendously is there a reason for this? I am often incredibly tired and my periods are very frequent - every 2-3 weeks.

Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi! lady from the city of XXXXXXX
Thanks for the query

i would require some further information like do you experience frequently bruising? any rash or rashes on the body? any history of bleeding from the gums or nose? did you ever have blood tests? if yes, what were the reports? how is the flow during the cycles? heavy or normal? are you pale or normal?

Will be waiting for your reply

Follow-up: What is the reason for itching on inner thighs and bruise? 36 hours later
I do frequently bruise but do not suffer any rashes, I have not had blood tests and my periods are mostly heavy but normally over in 4-5 days, my palor has not changed - I've always been quite pale.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 34 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

There seems to be some blood disorder which can be due to several reason. Most common cause is vitamin K deficiency and liver disease. other causes may involve thrombocytoopenias or clotting factor defects. However it is recommended to have some blood tests like Complete blood count, liver function test and PT,APTT so that any blood abnormality can be found. An ultrasound of hepatobiliary system is also suggested.