What is the reason for heavy feeling in arms, tingling on right side and numbness in toes?

Have a heavy feeling in arms, tingling on right side, numbness in both great toes. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need clarification... Detailed Answer: Hi, If these symptoms are acute in onset and if they are present now, then you need to see a doctor. Sudden appearance of sensory disturbances may not be concerning. However it has potential to spread and become a stroke if not addressed. Therefore if these are sudden and recent in origin, you need to notify your doctors. The other possible causes of sensory disturbances are metabolic disturbance - hormone and electrolyte changes as well as stress related. Hence if you were my patient, I would first observe you at a hospital and watch for its progress. If symptoms are stable/non progressing, I would check your blood sugar, serum electrolytes, vitamin b12, vitamin D and TSH levels. Treatment will be based on test results. In short, if the symptoms are acute and recent or if they are progressive, then you need to visit the ER. Stable long duration symptoms can be addressed at your doctor's clinic. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards