What is the reason for having twinges in the groin area?

I have been having twinges in my right groin, what causes them. I am not pregnant, but a 72 year old female, very fit and healthy.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

As I believe that a detailed history is an integral part of better suggestion, I would like to have a few more details before giving you my expert opinion regarding the pain you are having.

1) Do you run temperature?
2) Since how long is the pain?
3) Are you sexually active? Do you have unprotected intercourse?
4) Do you remember eating stale or rotten food?
5) Do you have this pain constantly at all the times or it comes and goes?
6) Any relation to food intake or passage of urine?
7) Is the pain colicky?
8) Is there any history of diarrhea or constipation?
9) Can you pinpoint the origin of pain with your one finger? Please try to describe the point of maximum pain.

Intermittent twinges in groin could be related to swollen lymph nodes or irritable bowel, crohn's disease, ovarian pathology, etc.

Proper investigations like ultrasound scan are needed for concluding on the cause.

Awaiting your reply.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.