What is the reason for feeling of chillness in head and neck region?

what is the reason for my feeling of chillness in the head and neck region.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 47 minutes later

The reasons could be many. I do not know your age and gender to comment specifically on the chillness in the head and the neck region.

The most probable cause would be a spasm of the neck region causing the chillness that is spreading to your head region.

Other cause could be vascular in origin due to migraine. Or it is just possible that you are running a low grade fever that is causing the chills more so in the head and neck region.

Please write a bit more about your concern, so that I could guide you accordingly.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: What is the reason for feeling of chillness in head and neck region? 22 hours later
I had a small herniated disc in my lower back on the left side in the month of May. I have thyroid and take medication 50 mcg.The recent Thyroid report was fine though last month.I felt numbness recently in mt entire body starting from the head to the toe and had a blurred vision of the left eye so was scared and consulted a Neurophysician who did a nerve conduction test for my left leg and both the hands and the results were normal.He prescribed me 2 medicines 1.Gabapentin 100 mg twice daily 2.only when I feel severe pain twice as needed Tramadol XXXXXXX 50 mg. I had a c section 8 months ago and this numbness first started in my legs then neck,hands and recently the whole body.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 23 hours later

Thanks for writing in detail.

Hypothyroidism by itself is a state where the body feels cold and clammy. This may be the reason for the chillness in head and neck region.

The numbness started after the C-section 8 months ago. The cause of your numbness in the legs could be due the herniated disc in the lower back. There is probably another disc herniation in the neck region that is causing numbness in your upper body, and ultimately the whole body.

Your doctor has prescribed the right drug to you. Please continue to take them. Gabapentin is very good for the nerves. Take Tramadol only when needed.

Learn a few simple physiotherapy exercises that could help you get rid of the numbness.

You should be fine soon. Take care.

Sorry for the delay in my response; I was a little held up.