What is the reason for delayed periods when tubes are tied?

Mar 2016

Hi, I am a 47 year-old woman, who until this month has had pretty regular menstrual cycles; 24-30 days. I had my tubes tied in 2000, and have had no complications. This month, I have not gotten my period and am at the 37 day mark. Should I be concerned? I am sexually active (3x this month) not that often though. Thank you!
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. First of all, you are near PERI-MENOPAUSAL age group. In this stage, hormonal ups and downs may cause irregular or late period sometimes. It is quite physiological. Pregnancy is quite UNLIKE in your case (though sexually active) as your tubes were tied. Failure rate is 0.04% only. However, you can do one home pregnancy test to clear your doubt. You can wait another 1 to 2 weeks for your period after pregnancy test. Some investigations like Trans Vaginal Ultrasound scan (TVS), hormone test- FSH level, progesterone assay etc may be helpful to make a concrete diagnosis. You can consult with your gynecologist for management of the case. In addition, you must take healthy diet with more green vegetables and IRON supplements, keep bowel habit regular, drink more water, control body weight by regular physical exercise, avoid stress by yoga or meditation & take sound sleep. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW