What is the reason for continous blinking of eyes?

hi. I had asked this before about continous blinking of my left eye. it started happening regulalrly and happend every 20 mins and hour for 15 20 sec. what should I do? should I visit a doctor ?
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX The frequent blinking of eyes can be due to some irritation.The irritation can be locally in the eyes or it can be in the nerves supplying the reflex of winking. Mostly the blinking gets better within 6 months period. You can try calcium supplements for a month or so and see if it works. You can see an ophthalmologist to check if there is a local cause for frequent blinking and can try some topical eye drops prescribed by him. Let me know if I can assist you further Regards Dr Vaishalee