What is the reason for breathlessness for a person having allergy problem?

MyDaughter-- Age--9 years, Weight -32.5.
History- Having allergic problem (excessive sneezing in contact with any deo,perfume,dust etc)

Current case --Every night whenever she goe to bed, she start feeling uneasy and complains pain at a particular spot in forehead, followed by breathless and feels chocking in throat.
Her CT scan , MRI, are all clear. Chest and nasal is also clear.

This she has developed after she recovered from viral and throat infections (1 and a half month).
Earlier headache was going off with nibulization(budes/ipravent in steam) and giving 5 to 7 ml Fepanil (Paracetamol) but now pain and breathless is becoming more severe.
Daytime normally she is Ok but some time complains of forehead pain at a particular spot above left eye.
Kindly advise
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
Hello Gurucharan,

Let me start off by providing you with some reassurance that I think this is all manifestation of anxiety.

Headache, breathlessness, choking in throat, are all typical symptoms of anxiety neurosis specially when cardiac and respiratory disorders have been ruled out.

Some suggestions:
1)Give her a healthy nutritious diet.
2)Surround her with friends, family and supportive people. Let her not be alone.
3)Do Yoga/meditation daily.
4)Exercise daily for at least half an hour. It really helps in anxiety.
5)Have adequate sleep.
6)Encourage her for hobbies what she is fond of as music, movies, dancing etc.

All these things along with medications can help her in overcoming this state and be healthy.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries.