What is the reason for breast pain, soreness and tenderness?

my pain is in the upper left breast with soreness , tender to touch. If I turn to the left side and prop to read I get worse pain. Had gallbadder,liver,ect. test all ok. Had a cyst in the left breast and it was benin, check annually.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 12 minutes later

Presence of soreness, severe throbbing pain, tenderness and redness in a breast could be signs of infection, that has probably resulted in a abscess.

The prior history of a cyst in the same breast, indicates the probable infection in the same cyst or in the surrounding tissues.

You might benefit by consulting your doctor who after a examination, might determine the exact cause and initiate appropriate treatment.

In initial stages the infection can be treated with oral antibiotics.

In case the affected site is fluctuant, tests including a ultrasound of the breast, which might confirm the presence of the abscess and if needed it can be treated with aspiration of the infected contents.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.