What is the reason for bad lower back pain?

I have had a bad lower back for a few months and now suffer from frequent urinating. I am 28
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later
Lower back pain is a physical illness related to nerves, muscle, bone and abdominal-pelvic organ. The common causes (considering your age) include:
Nerve root syndromes - these produce symptoms of nerve impingement (a nerve is directly irritated): Herniated discs, Spondylosis and Spinal disc degeneration
Musculoskeletal pain syndromes like myofascial pain syndromes and fibromyalgia.
• Infections of the bones: Bacterial and spinal Tuberculosis
• Noninfectious inflammation of the spine (spondylitis) can cause stiffness and pain in the spine that is particularly worse in the morning
• Renal stone, stress, anxiety, depression and somatoform disorders.
This problem needs a separate attention and investigations like CT scan and MRI are entailed. I encourage you to consult a physician or an orthopedician who can guide you through the tests.
Frequency of urination is commonly indicative of a urinary infection.To confirm the diagnosis, you can get a routine urine examination done which will show pus cells and protein in the urine.
If it is actually a urinary tract infection, then you need antibiotics to treat your problem. For symptomatic relief, you need to have plenty of fluids and do take plenty of fresh cranberry juice.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.