What is the reason for abrupt headache with cills on shoulder after bad dry cough the previous day?

hi, yesterday i started to cough a lot and they were dry coughs, i am 17 and today on christmas day i started to get a headache cuz i was in the car for around 3 hours and it continued for awhile. right now my cough started to disappear and i just have a headache and a few chills on my shoulder and my head feels hot but i have no fever i am a smoker but have only smoked for 1 year and i havent smoked a cigarette since the 23rd. todays the 25th
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try tylenol... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand you are concerned. This abrupt appearance of headache seems to be related to the stress of car travel or may be due to a virus or non specific condition. It doesn't seem to be related to a serious pathology like a cancer or smoking related issue. I would recommend that you take tylenol pain relief tablets now and if needed 8-12 hours later. Rest for awhile and hopefully you should feel better. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance. Regards