What is the rash on pubic area?

Hi, can you please tell me what this rash is on my pubic area. I have attached a picture. Rash on pubic area Kind regards XXXX
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello Sorry I could not find the attachment. can you please upload the photos again. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize that. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: What is the rash on pubic area? 14 minutes later
Sorry forgot yo attach it
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph. It is looking like fungal infection, The area of groin around labia is very moist and is prone to develop these infections. Treatment can be with oral antifungals as well as with topical antifungals. Various antifungal powders like candid, clodid etc are available. These can help reduce the moisture as well as control the infection. You can use any of these. Let me know if you have any other doubts, Wishing you good health, Thank you
Follow-up: What is the rash on pubic area? 2 minutes later
Thanks, i bought Eurax 60g 10% and started using it before, will this work or is it best to get a powder?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clotrimazole powder Detailed Answer: Hello Eurax is anti scabies cream. I dont think it will work. Please get clotrimazole powder ( candid or clodid). Thank you