What is the quick healing remedy for bruise on my cheek bone?

I fell while riding my bike and hit my right cheekbone. I iced it first few day, but there is a bruise and the skin under my eye seems raised. Is there anything I should do to make sure no scarring, and anything I can do to make bruise go away sooner?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: It would clear up progressively over time Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this accident. I have reviewed the image you attached. What stands out clear is this bleeding under the skin around the right eye. There is really nothing that can be done to accelerate the bruise to go away sooner. This is because the blood in this bleed would need to be progressively taken care of by cells in the body. This often requires several weeks to get it fully cleared. I will also suggest that you take Tylenol and Ibuprofen to reduce any swelling and reduce pain. This would help with the symptoms. Just exercise patience and slowly regain your skin color and texture. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.