What is the procedure to treat uterine fibroids ?

Hi, I just recieved my ultrasound results saying that my uterus appears normal in size and contour. The andometrial echocomplex has a thickness of 6mm. Two small fibroids are noted anteriorly measuring in 0.5 amd 1.2cm in diameter. I am 44years old, married and have no children. I have abnormal bleeding recently. What does the above information reflect?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for posting your query
I saw your report.
Fibroids are benign tumours of uterus.
They can cause abnormal uterine bleeding , pain and sterility.
You are having corpus luteum in one ovary that means you have ovulated but because of fibroids you were not getting pregnant.
In younger age myomectomy is done.
Treatment of excessive bleeding is medical as well as surgical.
Take iron supplements regularly and if bleeding is more do consulting your doctor.
I am always available to answer your further queries
Wishing you good health