What is the procedure for bleeding internal hemorrhoid while on radiation therapy for prostate cancer?

I have a internal hemorrhoid. .Diagnosed by visual inspection.My platelets are up now . I have ITP and take weekly CBC .I take Nplate weekly unless my platelet is in normal range. .My problem some rectal bleeding .It will go away for a few days then return. When it bleeds I use a suppository Hydorcortisone Acetate 25 mg. It does not bleed much . but is alarming to me.My Dr said they won't address it until i have a colonoscopy . I am waiting to my Plateletes stablize and can fit get a opening for the procedure.. My cbc shows no blood loss and good rbc .I have had fluxating WBC from 12.6 to 15 . My question is it ok to keep using the Suppositories. The bleeding is short lived and usually the next day it is gone or sometimes stops quickly. what is the procedure to correct a bleeding internal hemerriod. . . I had radiation for Prostate Cancer which I know is most of the problem. Is their anything i can do to kelp with the bleeding until I can get it addressed...
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes; options listed; not really sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Yes, you can keep using the suppositories, but you need to understand that this is only for temporary relief and does not treat the condition, but only suppresses the symptoms. There are various options available to treat bleeding hemorrhoids, they are: -Band ligation (we place a rubber band on the hemorrhoid, cutting its blood supply resulting in cell death and the hemorrhoid falls off) -Sclerotherapy: In which we inject medication into the hemorrhoid to make it shrink and fall off -Electrocauterization: Passing heat to the region of the bleeding hemorrhoid, killing the cells, making it shrink and resulting in death of the cells, and thus it falls off -Surgical methods to completely remove the hemorrhoid tissue Unfortunately there is not much you can do to prevent bleeding from the hemorrhoid except trying to find a slot for early and rapid management of the hemorrhoid. You could avoid straining while passing your bowels and maintain good hygiene in the region and keep yourself well hydrated. I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.