What is the pricky feeling in my chest?
User rating for this question
I have a persistent needle prick feeling in the upper left portion of my chest. It feels as if a needle is trying to "poke out" of my chest. It is exacerbated by touch, especially contact with fabric. A few of these places have developed and they each also itch moderately, and if I press down on the skin, at each place, there seems to be a hard something just below the skin.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Costochondritis. Waiting for your reply. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. From your query , i would come to three possible causes 1. Costochondritis 2. Hiatal Hernia 3. Acidity or Burn by Gaastroesophaeal Reflux Disease(GERD). Costochondritis is nothing but the inflammation of the joint between rib and sternum. The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. Hiatal Hernia is the condition, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm. In GERD, reflux causes the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. This also causes burning or pricking sensation or discomfort in the chest area. It is difficult to diagnose beyond this without examining. Further I would like to have few answers to rule out any heart disease. Do you have any Breathlessness, Palpitation, shoulder or left arm pain? Do you have any other symptoms? Do you have rashes in chest? DO you had any injury or fall? Waiting for your response.
People also viewed
- Causs of spotting other than pregnancy
- Cauterize a typical cells
- Tingly when i pee sensation feet hands
- Cervical cauterization and labor
- Tingling lips when pregnant
- Tingling in leg circulation
- Tingling in hands and feet ayurveda
- What feels like a ballon in chest
- Cervix cauterization post op
- What is the pricky feeling in my chest
- What causes pressure feeling in chest
- Tiredness and heavy arms
- Pricky feeling in chest
- Pricky feeling tip of penis
- Citalopram causin low platelets