What is the pricking sensation in my throat when on throxine?
User rating for this question
Hi - I am 42 years old and have been taking throxine for the last 13 years. This time my TSH levels were on the higher side(22.1) so my doctor increased the dose to 175mg morning. Last two days i have a pricking sensation on the left side of my throat , its not regular but its on and off...what could be the reason ?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX The pricking sensation in the throat may be the beginning of a throat infection. Fluctuations in thyroid hormone levels or tablet thyroxine do not cause any pricking sensation in the throat. Do not worry. Follow some general measures in view of the impending infection. 1) Warm salt water gargling 4 times a day. 2) Steam inhalation 3 times daily. 3) Plenty of warm fluids 3 - 4 litres daily. 4) Plenty of vitamin C rich fruits like lemons and oranges. 5) Avoid air conditioning and cold foods. Good luck. Dr Rajkishori Godhi.
Follow-up: What is the pricking sensation in my throat when on throxine? 5 minutes later
Thanks you doctor. But the sensation is on extreme left of throat. Usually when i get throat infections it starts with a pain, on both the sides...that is the reason of my worry, it was on the left side of the throat.
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: throat infection can start on one side only Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Wait for a couple of days if you do not feel better then have an ENT to look into your throat. Throat infection can start on one side only. Regards, Dr Rajkishori Godhi
People also viewed
- Causes of repeat urine infections
- Can nitrofurantoin cause yeast infection
- Fainting with sinus infection
- Nasal hairs falling out
- Lump in throat sensation when hungry
- Does humira cause weight loss
- Burning sensation in throat when burping
- How to fake hoarseness
- What is the sensation of lump in my throat
- Does lasix cause hearing loss
- Nosebleed headache and fainting
- What can cause heart palpitations
- Burning sensation in throat when yawning
- What causes choking sensation in throat
- Rapid strep test faint positive