What is the possible relation between avascular necrosis and mirena?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I would like to ask about a possible relation between Avascular Necrosis and Mirena (IUD).
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

The only possible relation is Mirena (IUD) triggers your body in autoimmune state which is risk factor for developing avascular necrosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Follow-up: What is the possible relation between avascular necrosis and mirena? 2 hours later
If it is just a state, is it possible that the autoimmune symptoms could disapear? Or is autoimmunity permenant? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 13 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Autoimmunity is permanent & it is not possible to eradicate it completely.

There are periods of remission in autoimmune disease & we can prolong it with immuno-modulator but can't eradicate it permanently.

Please use any answer clarification before you close our discussion and rate my answer.