What is the possibility of pregnancy while on birth control and having nausea after taking bactrim for UTI?

Can I trust a negative home pregnancy test taken 4 weeks and 5 weeks after genital contact, but no penetration or ejaculation? I also currently have a UTI, for which I am taking Bactrim DS. Could this explain some of the nausea? Is pregnancy still a possibility here? I am currently on the birth control pill as well, and had a period approximately a week ago (although it was a little lighter than usual). Please help!
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 days later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for posting. Pregnancy cannot be a possibility at this time considering all the information you have provided. even without mentioning a negative pregnancy test, I would not have even suggested pregnancy as a possible cause of this nausea. In summary, pregnancy is not an option here. Nausea is typical of a side effect of bactrim. Be relaxed and stay calm. It is not pregnancy. I hope this helps. I wish you well. feel free to ask for more information if need be. Thanks for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD