What is the possibility of pregnancy despite taking yasmin pills after an intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Excellent
Question
My GF took 4 Yasmin pills in the first day, second day 2 Pills and third day we had sex and I cum inside of her a lot, will she be pregnant?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
yes, possibility of pregnancy exists. Do not take pills haphazardly.

Follow-up: What is the possibility of pregnancy despite taking yasmin pills after an intercourse? 3 minutes later
what is the possibility?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Basically the way the pills were taken, there is no protection offered to her. For birth control pills, the pills should be taken regularly once a day for atleast one month to provide 99 % protection against pregnancy. Otherwise, emergency contraceptive pill should be taken within 72 hours following intercourse to provide more than 90 % protection. The regimen taken by you does neither . Hence the possibility of pregnancy does exist. Could you tell me when did this happen, so that I can guide you further about emergency contraception . Take care.

Follow-up: What is the possibility of pregnancy despite taking yasmin pills after an intercourse? 4 minutes later
this happened today and she took 4 "Yasmin" pills around 6 hours after intercourse.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hi You did not mention that she took 4 pills AFTER intercourse also. Well then nothing more needs to be done. Yasmin is not appropriate as an emergency contraceptive, but after taking it, you cannot repeat further dosage of hormones, as already high doses have been taken. Yasmin will provide some protection against pregnancy, the exact percentages have not been studied.

Follow-up: What is the possibility of pregnancy despite taking yasmin pills after an intercourse? 7 minutes later
Yes, that is true I didn't mention because in my first post I should have said she is gonna take them and now she already took them. When she can start her pregnancy test?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: MENTIONED BELOW Detailed Answer: She can take a pregnancy test reliably 4 weeks after having had unprotected sex.

Follow-up: What is the possibility of pregnancy despite taking yasmin pills after an intercourse? 1 hour later
Correct me if I am wrong, morning after pill should be used only once within 5 days after intercourse but birth control pills should be used every single day for 21 days to prevent ovulation. is that right?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: You are absolutely right. The morning after pill ( emergency contraceptive pill ) should be used only once within 5 days after unprotected intercourse ( the earlier the better ). Birth control pills should be regularly taken every month to prevent ovulation and guard against pregnancy.

Follow-up: What is the possibility of pregnancy despite taking yasmin pills after an intercourse? 23 minutes later
Thank you for clearing things up for me!

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Thank you for appreciating. I would be glad to assist you anytime, please feel free to contact me directly at the following link - WWW.WWWW.WW