Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the permanent solution for treating foreskin cracks in the erection stage?

I am 49 year old male.I have a cracks on the foreskin of my private part i.e penis during last 1 year only. Generally, it is more when it is in its erection stage. When I had cconsulted Dermatologist, I was told it might be due to psoriasis which would vanish eventually. I tried using ointments like soframycin, wokadil, and also diprovates. These ointments give temporary solution. How do I get rid of this?. Some times, it becomes severe & unbearable. As long as Penis does not erect, I do not see any issues. It is more of a problem, when I have to XXXXXXX my biological need. Kindly advise..
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 33 minutes later

It is highly unlikely that psoriasis can only affect the foreskin of the penis.

Psoriasis is a systemic disease which affects most extremities and keratinised skin.

In case there are just small cuts on the foreskin, it could be due to lack of lubrication, or due to excessive masturbation.

The other possibility could be a tight foreskin, that when retracted results into cuts. In that case you might need to see a general surgeon who can do a small release procedure of the foreskin to completely treat this condition.

You may benefit by a low dose steroid cream , when applied reduces the inflammation and helps in quick healing.

You might consult a doctor , who can examine you and then prescribe the proper steroid cream for you.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.
Follow-up: What is the permanent solution for treating foreskin cracks in the erection stage? 1 hour later
Thank ou so much Doctor. Should I stop using the 3 ointments that I mentioned? Will any of those cause any harm to me : 1) Soframycin 2) Wokadine 3) Diprovate S?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

Yes, you can stop using the other creams, since they are not helping you.

As such they do not cause any harm, but they will not be useful in your case.

The best would be a low dose hydrocortisone cream, that can be prescribed by a doctor, which is a very effective anti inflammatory medication.

I Hope this helps.

Wish you good health.