What is the permanent cure for sinus infection, disturbing throat and chest symptoms?

Hello, I just finished a zpac for a sinus infection on Sat. Now it has traveled to my throat and chest. I think I may need more antibiotics & see a Dr. today that takes Aetna and medicare near Glendale or Peoria az.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I don't think you need more antibiotics just yet! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about the bout of sinus infection you had and the disturbing throat and chest symptoms. Please, azithromycin is usually given for three days and that is all about the treatment. I think it is too early to judge the efficacy of this treatment. Unless the symptoms of XXXXXXX infection like fever, I will not suggest that you pursue any aggressive measures. Give it up to 10days fro the start of treatment before declaring failure or another infection. The truth is that symptoms of cough are never conclusive of an infection and the need for antibiotics not mandatory. In conclusion, wait before you seek for any additional medical care and especially antibiotics just now unless you report more concerning symptoms to me. If there are any such symptoms, please report them to me and I will assess the need for any medical attention now. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.