What is the permanent cure for persistent celery green nasal discharge?

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
I have had a cold for about two weeks. Feel much better but I still have nasal discharge . But what is concerning is that it is like celery green. Plus it appears to smell. I can control it somewhat with OTC medicines but it is persistant. Any thoughts
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: persistent infection Detailed Answer: hello and welcome to health care magic, I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem. You seem to be having a persistent infection of the respiratory tract by your symptoms. Most of the infections should subside in a week or two. In many cases however it may take up to three weeks to completely recover. Since you are getting better and not worse and you do not have any other additional symptoms, I will not press the panic button yet. In any case it is better to be on the safer side and do these: 1. take steam inhalation with menthol or other vaporiser at least two to three times in a day for a week or so. 2. take only warm water and avoid head bath 3. Do salt water gargle at least three times a day 4. take a course of anti histamine like levocetrizine. Your doctor will know about this. 5. Take plenty of fluids and hydrate yourself properly. Wait for a couple of days and if you do not improve and in fact if the symptoms worsens then you must meet or consult an ENT doctor who can suggest a good anti biotic medication for better and proper control of your symptoms Hope this helps and hope you get well soon If you have any more doubts I will be more than happy to help you out with that regards Dr Sriram Nathan