What is the permanent cure for mild sounds during breathing in my child?

Feb 2013

Hello dr XXXXXXX her hope u got my kid history 2o december I contacted u Now again same issue after all madications over upto yesterday my son had mild sounds during breathing for which I used normal saline drops twice daily 2 times Till yesterday.....I mean to say it was not fully cured Now from yesterday evening he started more breathing sounds and night too had nose flaring and snoring We r going to dr by 6pm today These days I noticed his breath sounds were easily hearable than others wen he sits with other kids Now he sleeps with snoring and seems he has difficulty Last time I missee clarithromycin hope u know Z any underlying cause to dz other than adenoids Like pneumonia or others Night used oxy drops but no effect Mornind too once I used oxy drop Its only 15 days he got same symptoms
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 16 hours later
Brief Answer: consult the doctor for examination, advice. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Appearance of similar symptoms such as snoring, nose block, breathing difficulty are suggestive of congestion or hypersensitivity of respiratory tract due to allergy problem orĀ / infection. Usually if the congestion is due to infection, there is associated features such as fever, throat pain. And if the congestion is due to allergic issue, usually there will be no fever but the symptoms like nose block, snoring will be there. Lungs should be examined to look for any abnormal sounds such as wheezing which may the cause for breathing difficulty or rapid respiration. At present if there is no fever or other clinical signs of infection, usually antibiotics are not required. Oral antihistamines like cetrizine can be started to decrease the congestion after consulting the Pediatrician. If there is wheezing the doctor may suggest for nebulization. But if the child is getting such frequent episodes, he may require a drug montelukast which helps to decrease the hypersensitivity response of respiratory tract thus decreasing the frequency of such episodes. Therefore I suggest you to consult the Pediatrician for examination and to prescribe appropriate drugs. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for mild sounds during breathing in my child? 3 hours later
yesterday met dr he confirmed with adenoids by xray wic I attached given pottasium calv n cef antibiotic for 7 days asked me to continue with levocetrizen mont , oxy drops for 2 days, then nasal saline more steam inhalation he told if he gets more n more infectin in this year have to think about removal but wic I dont want I asked for nebulisation but he z not giving that z nebu helps???? night started antibiotic still he has nasal sounds will dz antibiotic work he got no fever or throat pain night full he could dint sleep properly but morning he z active except snoring