What is the permanent cure for hair loss?

Hello mam , this is XXXXXXX from chennai again , previously I posted u a query and ur treatment worked out fine for me , now I'm experiencing a different problem now , I'm 22 years old ,male , with history of thinning and loss of density of hair in parietal area ! My scalp is visible when looked from above , my Barbar noticed it first and told me this . Past history - no medical and surgical illness Personal - no alcohol and no habitations Occupational - I'm a medical student ( final year ) past 6 months I've been in severe stress Family history - no history of baldness both on dads and moms side Exercise history - I do weight training 4-5 times a week Also I don't don't have any health related ailment , previously I had dandruff before 2 years but I treated it ! I'm noticing reduced density in the past 2-3 months time , I'm not sure about the amount of hair I'm losing daily , also I drink too much caffeine
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Male pattern hair loss Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to the forum. I do remember seeing you earlier here on this forum. Your current query is regarding hair loss which I assume to be a male pattern hair loss pattern which is androgenentic alopecia. Now since this condition is only beginning to develop in your case, as per your description, so it is quite likely that we will be able to take care of it soon. Please click some close up pictures of the frontal recession of hair line that you have developed. This will give me an idea about the extent of hair loss that has already taken place so that we can decide the line of treatment accordingly. You can upload the pictures here on this page or you can mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell if you currently also have any dandruff. Please elaborate treatment taken for the hair loss in case you have already taken any. Waiting for your response and the pictures. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for hair loss? 9 minutes later
Thank u very much for replying mam , ive attached close up pics to help , mam im experiencing reduction in these 3-4 months , also i dont think i have damdruff , when i wear black shirt i dont find flakes , also im using nizarol shampoo once a week ( ketokonazole) , also hair line is the same in the previous years u
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Male pattern hair loss Detailed Answer: Hi again I have seen the attached pictures. You surely are starting to develop grade one male pattern baldness. But the good thing is that it is just in its initial stage and I am sure we can revert things back to normal with adequate treatment. You should start with oral biotin 10 mg tablets once a day. Apply minoxidil 5 % lotion over the affected areas twice a day. Just massage it to the affected areas and also to the frontal area if you feel that the frontal hairline is also receding. You can continue to use the anti dandruff shampoo twice a week. You do not need to wash your hair more frequently than this. It is important for you to be aware that this type of hair loss may take its time to improve and regular treatment is very important in order to achieve good results. Even with the present treatment, it might take some two to three months before a noticeable difference is seen. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for hair loss? 4 minutes later
Mam , can i get a prescription for these two drugs ? Also im worried coz of this , if i go bald ill be the first person to break the record in my family , also i thought its coz of too much stress with final year preparation !!
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Male pattern hair loss Detailed Answer: Hi again Stress is a known factor to precipitate hair loss. I can understand the type of stress one has especially in the final prof owing to the number of subjects one has to cover, but I am sure being a medical student, you will be able to deal with it. So try and avoid stress, as it will only add up to your hair loss problem. Also since there is on family history of hair loss problem in your family, so we do have a great chance to overcome this problem at this stage only and stop its further progress. Here on this forum, we can only advise you the required treatment. We cannot give you a written prescription. You can take tablet biotin 10 mg once a day and apply Mintop 5 % lotion twice a day. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for hair loss? 5 minutes later
Mam does minoxidil cause any rebound loss of hair after stopping ?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hair loss Detailed Answer: Hi again The type of hair loss that you have seems more related to stress and general environmental factors including the change in seasons, rather than a hormone dependent hair loss pattern. So this means that we have complete chance to revert the hair loss. Minoxidil is being prescribed in your case just to stimulate the hair growth. So once the hair growth starts and the external factor which is causing it tends to no longer continue, we do expect a normal hair growth pattern in your case. SO you need not worry about a rebound loss of hair after stopping treatment since the hair loss in your case is seemingly not purely androgenetic. Hope that addresses your concerns, Dr Geetika Paul