What is the percentage of the fattiness of lever if it is in grade 2?

Critical Care Specialist
Question
hi doctor I am 35 year old male my lever is grad 2 fatty can you let me know how many percentage of my lever is fatty
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ninder S Chawla 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXX
Thanks for writing in
Fatty Liver has been divided in grade that is
Grade 0: Non fatty liver
Grade 1: Mild fatty liver
Grade 2: Moderate fatty liver
Grade 3: Severe fatty liver
This is usually due to intake of alcohol or excessive fatty food. This is a reversible process.
You should be decreasing your intake of refined food and fat like fatty food, fried food and oil. Also, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Increase your exercise quota.
Also, please see a gastroenterologist for a prescription of hepatoprotective drugs.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: What is the percentage of the fattiness of lever if it is in grade 2? 16 hours later
this serius deasise or normal.IF medican take is nesseassary for this or contraol due to intake of fatty food..becuase I am naven taken the Alcohal..

Answered by Dr. Ninder S Chawla 26 minutes later
Hello XXXXXX

Thank you for writing back.

This condition is known as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. It is seen in people who do not consume alcohol. It happens due to other disease states like diabetes mellitus, obesity, hyperlipidemia. If it is untreated, it can cause liver cirrhosis and other more complications.

It can be treated while controlling the present cause like diabetes mellitus, obesity, hyperlipidemia. For better management of it, consult to gastroenterologist and discuss for medicine such as hepatoprotector, antioxidants.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Dr. Ninder S Chawla

Follow-up: What is the percentage of the fattiness of lever if it is in grade 2? 56 minutes later
I have dicussed with my MD doctore he sayin this not serious dease..I am not diabtes..

Answered by Dr. Ninder S Chawla 17 minutes later
Hello XXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

As how I told you, if it is untreated, it can cause complications.

Certain drugs like Aspirin, Corticosteroids, Methotrexate, Tamoxifen, and Tetracycline can also cause it.

Soft drinks have been linked to NAFLD (Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease) through the presence of high fructose corn syrup, which may cause increased deposition of fat in the abdomen.

Genetic basis is possible too.

My advice to you is to visit gastroenterologist (MBBS, MD, DM GASTRO) for better management.

Dr. Ninder S Chawla