What is the painful bump on my head after a head injury?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Swelling on the scalp Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Whenever there is a impact of head against the hard surface bruise or bump will appear very quickly and you will have pain and may feel nauseated. If you develop any of the following symptoms, you have to consult your doctor at the earliest. Altered consciousness Any discharge from the ears or nose Black eyes and bruised skin behind the ears Vision changes Nausea and vomiting Some symptoms appear right away, while others do not show up for days or weeks after the injury.These are common symptoms of serious head injury and should always be considered important if they persist. The bump will subside in few days but the symptoms of the head injury should be monitored properly. If you have any query please post me and keep an eye on the symptoms. I wish you speedy recovery. Thank You.
Follow-up: What is the painful bump on my head after a head injury? 1 hour later
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Swelling of the scalp following injury. Detailed Answer: Hello, It is my pleasure to answer your query, This is a good sign, as you have not lost consciousness following the impact. If you are not allergic to ibuprofen, You can take this medicine to reduce the pain. I would suggest you to apply ice pack on the swelling which will reduce the pain and also reduces inflammation. If you are allergic to ibuprofen you can take Tolpa D,because it has both pain killer and serratiopeptidase (reduces swelling). I wish you speedy recovery. Feel free to post if you have any query. Thank You.
People also viewed
- Bump a week after head injury
- Pregnant increased heartbeat have anxiety should i go to er
- Sinus pain after head injury
- Hard painful moveable collarbone lump
- Hard movable lump on my right collarbone
- Done knee replacement surgery dizziness sweating any ideas
- Sore throat and tongue painful to swallow ear pain
- High temperature breast tenderness cramps and pinkish spotting implantation bleeding
- Done loop diathermy stopped birth control pill blood-stained discharge normal
- What is cold sweat and uncontrolable shaking?
- Tearingpulling pain after head injury
- Bump with a pain and bruise after a head injury
- Nicip cold tablet ingredients
- Pins needles cold fingertips
- Ear pain after head injury