What is the pain under my breast?

Last night i consulted two doctors regarding intense pain on my left side, to the left of my breast. One doctor said it could be a recurrence of pneumonia i had. I have had a chest. X-ray and ct scan, both normal. The other doctor stated there was no cause for concern. I am, however, concerned. Tonight the pain spread to behind and under my breast and my back on the upper left. Coughing causes me excruciating pain. It hurts my left side to breath. Movement is quite painful. I'm not quite sure what to do, ER bills are expensive
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: may try empirical antibiotic and analgesic Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. This may be a sign of acute pleuritis. You must undergo an ECG to rule out cardiac anginal pain. You may try analgesics and antibiotics empirically. Drugs to be taken can be azithromycin as antibiotic and analgesic like paracetamol or aceclofenac along with antacid like ranitidine... Best wishes
Follow-up: What is the pain under my breast? 3 minutes later
What is pleuritis? I've had this pain for about a week then it got bad last night. Do i need to go to the er?
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consulting ER will be better Detailed Answer: Pleuritis is inflammation of pleura that is a membranous covering over the lungs. Pain classically present as sharp stabbing pain with increment on maneuvers like coughing, sneezing, laughing etc. You must go for ECG to rule out angina and blood testing to rule out infection. Taking opinion from er is always better. I have advised the empirical treatment only.... Best wishes