What is the pain in my feet and knee?

I have a problem with my legs. If I stand for long, my right feet and right knee starts to ache and continues to remain for few hours. It becomes a little better if I take a hour's rest without walking. This is existing from the past 2-3 years. Can you help in knowing what can be done?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: get your calcium and vitamin D levels tested Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, It is possible that you are deficient in Calcium and/or vitamin D levels. That may be the cause for your pain. I would suggest you to get your serum calcium and vitamin D levels checked at once. If this is low, treatment can be planned accordingly. Meanwhile, I start my patients with Tablet Shelcal HD once daily after food, on a preventive aspect. Let me know if you have more concerns. Regards,
Follow-up: What is the pain in my feet and knee? 28 hours later
Thank you. I will get it checked immediately. I also can hear a crackling/crushing sound in my knees when I climb the stair. Has it got do something with deficiency too?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 hours later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: The low calcium and vitamin D can cause the crackling/crush sound as well. If it is severe, it is better to get an x-ray of both knees as well. This can rule out any gross pathology in the bone by itself. Get well soon.