What is the normal time duration for erection and ejaculation in a man?

Urologist
Question
Sir ,

Actually i was totally confused and depressed with what i read about ED in net and interaction with my friends. Kindly clarify me about everything pl.
First of all , On watching any movies or imagining i can get a full erection and i can maintain it more than 5 min , but with out any stimulation. Once i stop imagining or watch any , erection goes down in 1 or 2 minutes. Is this normal ?
Second thing is , With erection if i start mastrubate i ejaculate with in 2 min sometimes and i can go up to 4 min of mastrubation sometimes. It is not constant all time.. Is this normal ?
third thing is , i dont ejaculate in dreams , or while talking or thinking abt sex or any. I never had sex before and my age is 24 .All my doubt is that I was totally confused with Premature ejaculation and ED. Kindly clarify me that whether i am normal. I XXXXXXX drink , smoke and a happy go lucky guy.
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I went through your detailed history.
You are absolutely normal.
Please maintain your good habits.
The greatest enemy for sexual life is tobacco and hence stay away from it.
Hope this helps. Best regards
DR GS

Follow-up: What is the normal time duration for erection and ejaculation in a man? 6 hours later
Thank you sir. Whether there will be any leakage of some drops of sperm with urine or motion. Iam experiencing it . Moreover what is the average normal intercourse time ?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Welcome back.
Usually there is no leakage. What you see is smegma or urethral secretions.
The usual time is 5 to 10 minutes.
Best regards
DR GS

Follow-up: What is the normal time duration for erection and ejaculation in a man? 2 hours later
Thank you sir. One final question. My mastrubation time is just 2 min as i mentioned before. Then how can i satisfy a partner who expects atleast five min as told by you sir . Whether the time will increase normally ?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Welcome back.
Everything has a learning curve and sexual performance too.
Time limit has nothing to do with sexual satisfaction and the involvement of both the partners means more.
Enjoy your family life.
Best regards
DR GS