What is the normal level of microalbumin in urine?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
my microalbumin level is that high?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 27 minutes later

Normal microalbumin levels in a 24 hour urine sample are about 0 to 20 , this is because albumin is a protein and normally our kidneys when functioning properly do not allow protein to be excreted out in urine. In your case if it is 2.80 then it is within the normal range.

Hypertension and diabetes are illnesses which do affect the function of kidneys in the long term so you need to keep your Blood pressure in control and follow up with your doctor for regular check-ups and investigations in future too.

Hope I have answered your query.

I'll be available for any follow up queries.