What is the normal blood pressure and heart rate range for a 47 year old woman weighing 125 lbs?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
what is normal blood pressure and heart rate for a 47 yr old woman that weights 125lbs
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
hi XXXXXXX,
thanks for the query.

-Normal range of heart rate in all, from 11 years old children to elderly is between 60 to 100 bpm.
Less than 60 is called bradycardia and more than 100 is called tachycardia.
More commonly in will be between 70 to 80 bpm.

-normal blood pressure in all people older than 18 years is 120/80 mm of hg,
Pre hypertension is systolic 120 to 139 mm of hg and diastolic 80 to 89 mm of hg,
More than 140/90 mm of hg is called as hypertension in all age groups.

With age systolic blood pressure can increase,
and isolated systolic hypertension means elevated systolic blood pressure with normal diastolic pressure can be seen in elderly.

-Excessive weight can act as a contributory factor for higher blood pressure buy normal values will not change related to weight.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.

Follow-up: What is the normal blood pressure and heart rate range for a 47 year old woman weighing 125 lbs? 6 hours later
thank you. my bp is 118/79 with a pulse rate of 95. no meds of any kind. im tired with a headache and a little ringing in the ears. Please advise. could i be suffering from extreme allergies? we have dogs and a cat and live near a field that is in the process of being mowed.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 hours later
hi XXXXXXX,

your blood pressure is normal, heart rate is little higher than usual but it is also within normal limits.

ringing in ears is called tinnitus, it can occur due to many causes,

-Some amount of tinnitus is normal,
-It can be seen when surroundings are quite then the body sounds will appear louder,
-When wax in the ear, foreign body in the ear etc block the ear opening, then the persons own sounds will appear louder,
-It can also be seen in ear infections (can be from your pets)etc.
-When microscopic nerve endings of ear gets damaged also tinnitus can be heard.
-Exposure to loud noise also can cause tinnitus(may be from your nearby fields).

Tinnitus can cause head ache.

So you better visit ENT doctor once and get examined to find out possible cause and treatment can be take according to it.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.