What is the normal BP range for a middle aged man?

is 128 over 8o bp good for a 52yr male i do exercise and im on 10mg of lipitor
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there.

Thank you for posting your question here.

A blood pressure of 120/80 is absolutely normal for a man of your age. Blood pressure is unlikely to be ever a problem for you in fact.

You sound like a very health conscientious person. Unless you have a bad family history of high cholesterol and early death from heart disease I would not bother with with Lipitor were I you. In my view the statins are away over prescribed. Genes are everything.

Hope this helped. Revert if I'm missing something. Otherwise please accept my answer.

Thank you.
Follow-up: What is the normal BP range for a middle aged man? 2 hours later
you are answering my question @ 120 over 80 in my question i stated my numbers were 128 0ver 80 will this change your response thank-you
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 20 hours later

No, not at all. This BP is still well within the normal range. Thanks for your follow up.