What is the next step for abortion if misoprostal fails?

If misoprostal fails than what is the next step for abortion?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Prasad 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dilatation and evaculation...

Detailed Answer:

If termination through regular misoprostol pills after mifepristone tablets fail to induce abortion within 2-3 days, some doctors try repeating the dose of misoprostol.

However I prefer to refer patients to gynecologist for dilatatio and evacuation. This procedure can be done at the doctor's office / clinic. The patient might need to stay in the hospital for few hours and will be discharged within a day.

You can contact your local gynecologist who can perform the procedure.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.