What is the natural medication used in herpes infection?

what is the name of wood used for harpiece disease?
My father is suffering from Harpiece disease. AS i have been told that there is no any medicine for this but is a tree which wood's paste is applied on the Harpiece small small boils for getting relief from the burning sensation.

Kindly let me know that tree name for using in Harpiece medicine.

Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 33 minutes later

Thanks for submitting the question.

I assume you are talking about the use of DMSO i.e. Dimethyl Sulfoxide in treatment of Herpes Simplex.
The only approved use of DMSO by FDA is called as RIMSO 50 and is used for the treatment of Interstitial Cystitis.

FDA has not approved the use of DMSO for the treatment of Herpes.

DMSO is a byproduct of Paper manufacturing process.

There are very effective medications called anti-viral medicines available, please consult your family doctor for a prescription for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further medicines.

Wishing your father a speedy recovery.