What is the name of the procedure in which they make a small incision and insert a rod into the spine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
thanksgiving day there was program on the doctors show about back spinal surgery, that don't require intense surgery. It was a new procedure on the lower back where they make a small incision about 1" long ,and insert a small rod into the spine and remove a small piece of the bone and then put another small rod into the spine and remove a piece of soft skin like material. It restores blood flow to the affected area and stops the pain. I would like to know the name of this procedure. THANK YOU
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case, These are endoscopic spine surgery.These surgeries are done with help of endoscope and microscope with screen. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. If you are satisfied with answer do not forget to give rating to this answer. Wishing you good health.