What is the most effective way to treat ringworm? Taken Nizoral and homeopathic medicine

Hi I have been diagnosed with ringworm but started the treatment very late. I was given homeopathic medicine but decided that the effect is very slow and shifted to external medicine named Nizoral. What is the most effective way to treat ringworm on skin and I have suspicion that I have a scalp ringworm. It is so huge now .
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Ive gone through your query and photo.

Photo however is not very clear. Please upload better photos of scalp to help you better.

Ringworm of scalp is a fungal infection also known as tinea capitis.

Usually it is seen in children can sometimes occur in adults.

Nizoral contains ketoconazole which is antifungal drug.

It is very effective in treating fungal infection.

It is available as external lotions and shampoos.Also it is available in oral tablets.

Oral ketoconazole tablets of 200 mg daily for 15 days is very effective for treating fungal infection of scalp.

If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.