What is the medication for bacterial infection on thumb?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doctor, It looks like I got some bacterial infection on my left foot thumb. Please refer the images that I am going to upload of the same. Kindly suggest suitable ointment. Regards, XXXXX
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photographs. You are suffering from a fungal infection called as onychomycosis. You need treatment with oral as well ah topical antifungal. Topical application of terbinafine cream and oral intake of tablet terbinafine will give you relief. The treatment will be long. It may require about 3 months. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the medication for bacterial infection on thumb? 4 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX for your diagnosis. Could you suggest the preferred Tablet and Ointment names, dosage and usage. Regards, XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello You can buy tyza cream and tablet. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the medication for bacterial infection on thumb? 5 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. Please suggest dosage and usage. How many tablets I need to take a day, after meal or before meal and how many times I need to apply the cream. Regards, XXXXXX

Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Please apply the cream twice daily and take 1 tablet daily in night for 1month. The tablet will be 250 mg