What is the meaning of QRS contour abnormality consistent with inferior infarct in an ECG report?

Question
what is the meaning of QRS(T) contour abnormality consistent with inferior infarct probably old. I am male 35 years and i got this result after my ECG
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Guru 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below! Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! QRS one of graphical deflections representing depolarization of the ventricles of heart. Your reports meaning is that this QRS complex's shape is indicating the presence of an old infarct(which is a part of heart devoid of blood supply previously). Your previous infarct may not have been symptomatic and is now seen on ECG as an old infarct. However, we can decide whether the ECG findings are correct or not based on physical examination findings and previous medical history. A consultation with Cardiologist is definitely needed in your case. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!

Follow-up: What is the meaning of QRS contour abnormality consistent with inferior infarct in an ECG report? 3 days later
Thank you very much for the reply. I visited a MD(General medicine) immediately. He reported that there is nothing wrong in the ECG and heart is perfect. After that i visited MD(Gen-Med) and DNB (Cardiologist) , he also after seeing the ECG told me that "dont read all the nonsense which is pre recorded" believe me there is nothing wrong and after my request he did 2D echo and told that heart function is perfect. Two days later i had an ECG done in the same hospital with same machine and now the result shows NORMAL ECG. Now can i hope everything is perfect with my heart?

Answered by Dr. Guru 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks for update Detailed Answer: I am glad every thing turned up positive. Wish you good health!

Follow-up: What is the meaning of QRS contour abnormality consistent with inferior infarct in an ECG report? 44 hours later
Sir, thank you very much. But i am under medication for high BP and using Concor AM- 5mg everyday. I had ECG, 2D echo and TMT done 4 months back. Everything showed normal. But recently i experienced chest pain and pain in my upper back. I had an ECG which showed " consistent with inferior infarct probably old". The physician and cardiologist who has seen the ECG reported that the ECG is normal. I got 2D echo done again . It turned normal and i am doing treadmill daily at house continuously for 25 mins and not experiencing any pain or discomfort. Is there any need to get TMT done again for getting the correct result of my chest pain?

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for follow up! It was mistake that I missed the last sentence of your previous follow up. Sorry for that. Based on the information you have given so far, I personally do not think that TMT is required again. Just wanted to let you know that there can be lots of other causes for chest pain as well which should also be considered in your case. This is possible with thorough physical examination to identify that particular cause. This is of more value than repeating the same investigations again and again. Discuss this your treating doctor as well since he is the one who can do physical examination. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!