What is the maximum number of c-section a woman can have?

Is it true that there is a limit to how many c-sections a woman can have? I was told 4 is the maxium. Why is this?
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 7 days later

Thanks for your query. Although there isn't enough research to support a specific limit on repeat C-sections, most women can safely have up to three cesarean deliveries. This is what EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE SAY. Each repeat C-section is generally more complicated than the last. The healing process will take at least as long, however, and possibly longer if you develop complications.

Primary concerns with repeat C-sections include:
1. Weakened uterine wall.
2. Problems with the placenta.
3. Bladder and bowel injuries because of adhesion's.
4. Increased risk of bleeding.
5. More post-operative complications.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile