What is the mass in in left upper thigh?

I went to the doctor yesterday and they said that the mass in my left upper thigh is a lipoma, nothing to worry about. lipomas are suppose to be soft ans doughy to the touch and move around easily. mine is hard, oblong shaped, and doesn't move to the touch, and is painless. I can't help but question the doctor on their diagnosis and I was wondering if I should visit a different doctor or if you could tell me what the mass in my leg is just from what's been said and the attached picture. it is also more that 5cm in diameter. I dis get an ultrasound done on my leg and they said it's negative for cancer but something just doesn't add up to me
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ask your doc to order a FNAC Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, That is lipoma to me. you need not be worried about that. If you still want 100% diagnosis, ask your doc to order a FNAC. It will tell what your swelling is. All the best.