What is the life span when suffering from polycystic kidney disease?

I'm CKD IV, 17% kidney...with polycystic kidney disease & history of cranial long before dialysis , average lifespan left....????
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: adpkd Detailed Answer: Hi, I want to emphasise that no one should die of kidney disease. Kidney is the only vital organ of the body where the function can betotally replaced by dialysis and medicine. I have got patients who are on dialysis for more than ten years. Out of all kidney diseases adpkd is the slowly progressive disease and you have not yet reached the stage of dialysis no onecan predict how much time It will take for you to reach end stage kidney disease. It may be few months to many years. What is more important is to measure your blood pressure daily at hand and keep a record . Keep the bp well under control , 130/80 under guidance of your treating doctor. The managment of aneurysm will depend on its symptoms and size. Do follow the advice of your neurosurgeon. Generally they will require frequent mri to document the size of the aneurism and see how to manage. be in follow up of your nephrologist. Best wishes.