What is the life expectancy when suffering from stage 3 CHF,scleroderma and ICD implant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
life expectancy of mother
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can not exactly be determined Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX I must be sincere with you by letting you know that your question will be difficult to answer by a medical community as the answer might looked upon from various angles. But I will try to be as XXXXXXX to you as possible. I have looked at your mother's medical conditions/history and to tell you the truth non of which have any good prognostic indications. She suffering from stage 3 CHF, scleroderma, ICD implant, and the rest, gives her a short life expectancy. Even with her current treatment she can expect up to 1-3 years survival chances. But best medical practice can give her more years which means she will be required to be followed up regularly to make sure no complications arise. Most of her diseases conditions are potential risk factors for a heart attack and that can not be predicted even by the best specialists. To me, I suggest you quit worrying about your mother's life expectancy and live every moment with her as if it was the last day. She might live longer if you do not give her the idea that you are more worried about her condition than she is. Just be happy and try giving her the most happiness you can give her and live the rest for nature and medicine to take care. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah