What is the life expectancy for stage 4 cervical cancer that has spread to liver, lungs and kidneys?

my kids mother was just diagnos with stage 4 cervical cancer thats spread to the liver lungs and kidneys chemo is her only option...what is her life expectancy
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I am really sorry to hear about her.

Cervical cancer Stage 4 is an advanced stage and since it has spread to liver, lungs and kidneys it is in the last stage.

It is impossible to say exactly how long an individual would survive with any particular type of cancer but it also depends on other factors as age, overall health, mental stability, willpower and determination of the patient also help in deciding the prognosis.

Cervical cancer patients in the last stage can benefit from love and care as it is necessary to have pain and symptom management, psychological support and counselling.

If the treating doctor has advised for Chemotherapy you can consider going for it as he would have determined the best treatment for her. But, I am really sorry as I cannot predict her life expectancy now and it would be unethical too.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up if any.