What is the itching between my foot fingers?

From last few months I have itching between my foot fingers. But niw the condition is getting worst as the itching is non bearable and due to that i have wounded skin there. I applies soframycitin cream but i think it reacted and i m in pain now. Can you pkease suggest any medicine or ointment for this. Thank you
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Itching between toes, can be fungal Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. The site that you have mentioned is very commonly affected with fungal infections. You should avoid the the of soframycin in the affected areas. You should instead apply an antifungal like canestan or candid cream in the areas twice a day. Do not apply any other oil or cream over it. In addition, you might need to take oral antifungal in the form of tablet fluconazole 150 mg once a week for two weeks. For the associated itching, take some oral antihistamines like cetrizine once a day. Wear open footwear for some days so as to decrease sweating. You should use the medicine regularly for two weeks. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the itching between my foot fingers? 2 hours later
Thank you XXXXXXX Considering my job I have to wear shoes, what best I can do is i can put off my shoes but will have to wear socks. Further, are these the name of medicines which you have referred above. Also if yes, can I use the details above as a prescription at the medical store? Please let me know. Thank you Varun
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Treatment of fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi again Basically our aim is to decrease sweating over feet. So if it is very necessary to wear shoes, you can do the same but try to wear pure cotton socks. You cannot use it as a prescription. The antifungal cream that I have mentioned is canestan cream available by this name as an otc drug only. In addition, you can buy tablet claritin available otc by this name . You can take it once a day for itching. The oral antifungal night not be available as a otc drug. So you can just apply the medicine as told. It might help alone only. If however, the infection tends to persist, you can see a local dermatologist for a prescription. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul Dr Geetika Paul
Thank you so much XXXXXXX Have a nice time ahead
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Best of health Detailed Answer: You are most welcome Wishing you speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul