What is the interaction of Celebrex taken together with Lisinopril?

My mom has I think way to many pills. Spiriva, cymbalta, klor-con, lisinopril, levothroxine, hydrochlorothanzide, tramadol, astorvastatatin, Celebrex, and vitamins, Megnisium, calcium,b 12, folic acid. I am so worried about interactions and so is she. 75 years old.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Celebrex can reduce the effect of Lisinopril... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, I have read the medical history of your mother carefully and I can say that her medical status is very delicate and complicated. You are reporting that she is taking Celebrex together with Lisinopril which is an ACE-inhibitor. It has been reported that the using Celebrex would reduce the effect of Lisinopril, leading to bad blood pressure control. The other medications your mom is taking would help her resolve other medical issues she is experiencing. I'd suggest if Celebrex is giving relief to her back pain, then, ask her doctor to take off tramadol or vice-versa. With regards to the use of atovarstatin, I'd suggest to carefully monitor her lipid profile. If it is ok,then, discuss with her doctor to take it off as other problems would result from its prolonged use. Multivitamin supplementation is necessary to provide her vitamins and minerals she needs for her daily activity. Although the majority of interactions between the drugs your mom is taking are not being reported, you should report every unusual health problem your mom could experience. At her age, getting better with no pain is the most important thing; however, she is having many health issues that should be treated properly. All the best to your mom and you all! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!