What is the important determinant of survival in carcinoma kidney?
User rating for this question
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 3 hours later
Brief Answer: histology is important in survival Detailed Answer: histology is an important determinant of survival in carcinoma kidney. Cheville et al evaluated outcome in 2385 patients with sporadic kidney cancer who had nephrectomy. Cancer specific survival rates at 5 years were 68.9% for clear cell, around 87% for papillary renal cell carcinoma.There are other rare types of kidney cancer but they are not common. Subtypes like medullary renal carcinomas are very aggressive and they spread early and are fatal.
Follow-up: What is the important determinant of survival in carcinoma kidney? 10 hours later
Furhman grade 4. I had this in me for 20 years. originally diagnosed at age 26 and now i am 45. I have been looking at hundreds of studies but am not a doctor and can't read them as good. Grade 4 on the fuhrman scale. i told you the histology….grade 4. I am uploading the pathology report.
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 6 hours later
Brief Answer: your kidney histology is clear cell type Detailed Answer: I have gone through your reports and histology. You are very fortunate to have spontaneous resolution of kidney tumor long back. now that the disease has come back, it means recurrence. Good that you are still in early stage and it has not spread. As I discussed with you earlier, the 5 year survival is around 60 to 70%. You are a brave fighter and you have won many battles so far. I feel instead of pondering over the survival data, it would be good if you take life as it comes. Good luck
People also viewed
- What can cause a flap skin in the throat
- Can prilosec cure multiple endocrine adenomas?
- How to deal aec problem
- What is shrinking kidney disease
- Can tasigna cure chronic myelogenous leukemia?
- What are the findings of the uterus scan results
- Can sensipar cure hypercalcemia of malignancy?
- Is there any treatment for thinning of lining of kidneys
- Chances of survival in kidney dialysis
- What is the treatment for numbness on upper lip
- Survival rate for kidney failure
- Can navelbine cure non small cell lung cancer?
- What is cmd in kidneys
- What is the important determinant of survival in carcinoma kidney
- Will megace treat endometrial adenocarcinoma ?