What is the impact if Netoporal and Lisinoprol intake is stopped suddenly ?

My wife passed away from Cancer 3 days ago, I totally ceased taking my metoporal and lisinoprol, what can and will happen if I dont continue taking these
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

I am sorry to hear that your wife has passed away.

The medications Metoprolol and lisiniprol are used for treating high blood pressure and to keep the BP under control they are to be taken regularly.

Metoprolol helps in preventing heart attacks,kidney disorders and strokes.Patients who completely stop the medication have reported chest pain,irregular heart beat due to sudden increase in the Blood Pressure.

Similarly Lisinoprol also helps in preventing any kidney failure especially in patients with Diabetes as it directly helps in reducing the BP in arteries that provide blood to kidneys.

Continuously high BP can cause heart attack and also cause the person to go into coma.
Kindly start taking the medications immediately but do not double the doses.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query