What is the ideal weight for a 2 year old and what diet should be given?

Hi Doctor, My daughter is 2 yrs old and her weight is 9.8 -10kgs. She is too fussy eating anything except chocolates and she also has constipation often.What diet should I follow? I also used to give her practin as advised by her doctor but no use. Her weight has gone up n down within the above mentioned range since past one year... She is also allergic to egg. Please advice. Is her weight normal? Her height is 2'7 inches.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Average weight at 2 year of age is 12kg. Most children of this age are fussy eaters. You have to be very patient with her. Give her balanced diet comprising of cereals,pulses,green leafy vegetables,fruit,milk and milk products. Add ghee or butter to her meals. Feed her when other family members are also eating. Use two spoon method that is one spoon to her and one to yourself. Constipation is diet related. Give plenty of fluids. A big NO to all junk foods please. No chips,chocolates . Hope I have answered your question. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
Follow-up: What is the ideal weight for a 2 year old and what diet should be given? 5 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. One question that I wanted to ask is what dosage of zincovit shall I give her? Presently am giving her 2.5 ml. Same dosage I was giving her when she was a year old. Should I give her 5ml now?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Continue with 2.5ml. As I already said most important is to give her nutritious diet. Hope this helps. Take care...